ESJWPN: Robert Lee has to Go…

Tags

, , ,

I’m surprised they didn’t force him to change his name or fire him for refusing:

ESPN broadcaster Robert Lee will not work Virginia’s season opener because of recent violence in Charlottesville sparked by the decision to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

A spokeswoman for ESPN says Lee has been moved to Youngstown State’s game at Pittsburgh on the ACC Network on Sept. 2. The network says the decision was made “as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name.”

Plans to remove a statue of Lee led to a protest in Charlottesville earlier this month that attracted what is believed to be the largest group of white nationalists to come together in a decade. Violent clashes erupted between a large gathering of white nationalists and hundreds of counter protesters.

ESPN says the decision to put Lee on another game was made “collectively.” It also says it’s “a shame that this is even a topic of conversation.”

The shame is that any American still watches this failed, non sports-oriented network. This is what SJW convergence looks like.

170823074003-robert-lee-robert-e-lee-780x439

One is a hated literal Hitler and veritable symbol of racism; the other is Robert E. Lee. Q13, Fox News.

Wall Street Warning

Tags

, , ,

Enjoy the market highs while they last:

HSBC Holdings Plc, Citigroup Inc. and Morgan Stanley see mounting evidence that global markets are in the last stage of their rallies before a downturn in the business cycle.

Analysts at the Wall Street behemoths cite signals including the breakdown of long-standing relationships between stocks, bonds and commodities as well as investors ignoring valuation fundamentals and data. It all means stock and credit markets are at risk of a painful drop.

Ron Paul says the drop could be up to 50%. He and Jim Rogers, etc. have been saying this for a while now. Even the Fed has begun issuing CYA statements. Nothing lasts forever and we’re overdue for a correction. Prepare now if you can.

800x-1

Morgan Stanley.

More War

Tags

, , , , ,

His first inclination, he said, was to cut the losses. Then, after meeting with the generals, Trump was convinced to carry on America’s longest war:

President Donald Trump opened the door to an increase in U.S. troop numbers in Afghanistan on Monday night as part of a new strategy for the region, arguing against a hasty withdrawal from America’s longest military conflict.

Trump, in a prime-time televised address, said his new approach was aimed at preventing Afghanistan from becoming a safe haven for Islamist militants bent on attacking the United States. He also laid out a tougher approach to U.S. policy toward Pakistan.

The Republican president overcame his own doubts about the war that began in October 2001 after the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States. He said repeatedly on the campaign trail last year that the war was too costly in lives and money.

Maybe another 16 years. Or 60. Not feeling to good about this. He did make some good upfront points about national reconciliation. There’s a thought – fix this country first…

In totally unrelated news I shot a video during the Solar Eclipse. That may come forth soon – it’s not that spectacular. It was maybe like early dusk? Meh.

Whither Afghanistan?

Tags

, ,

So, sometime today we will hear just where the  nearly 16-year-old War in Afghanistan is going next.

President Donald Trump has made a decision on the United States’ strategy for Afghanistan after a “sufficiently rigorous” review process, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Sunday.

However, Mattis did not provide details on when the White House would make an announcement or what the decision was on Afghanistan, where fighting still rages more than 15 years after U.S. forces invaded and overthrew a Taliban government.

Soon after taking office in January, the Trump administration began a review of U.S. policy on Afghanistan, which has expanded into a broader South Asia review.

“I am very comfortable that the strategic process was sufficiently rigorous and did not go in with a pre-set position,” Mattis told reporters traveling with him aboard a military aircraft to Jordan. “The president has made a decision. As he said, he wants to be the one to announce it to the American people.”

We’re waiting.

Sixteen years and Taliban insurgents still control half the country. Imagine Hitler still controlling half of Germany and occupied Europe – in 1957… Of course, then, we had a declaration and goals.

nimbus-image-1503316204292

Mattis knows. We’ll know soon. Eric Vidal/Reuters.

The decision will be important and should shed some light on where all foreign policy is going in the years to come. I fear that minding our own business may not be an option. I hope I’m wrong.

Living Rich Down Under

Tags

, , , , , ,

Melbourne, Australia takes the honor for the highest quality of life – the seven year in a row. Good on ya!

Melbourne, Australia ranks as No. 1 for the seventh consecutive year, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s 10th annual “Global Livability Ranking” of 140 cities around the world. It was followed by Vienna, Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg. The first American city to make the ranking was Honolulu at No. 17, followed by Washington, D.C. (No. 20), Boston (No. 34), Chicago and Miami (joint No. 38) and Pittsburgh (No. 41).

Over the past decade, there’s been a European currency crisis, anti-austerity riots, civil wars in Europe and the Middle East, a refugee crisis, mounting terror attacks and, most recently, civil unrest in the U.S. marked by the white supremacist marches. The average global livability score fell to 74.8% in 2017 from 76.1% in 2007. But 12 cities registered improvements in livability compared with just six that registered declines, said John Copestake, editor of the survey.

The Summary is available HERE.

MW-EU215_melbou_20160818124218_ZH

Marketwatch.

Log in and see where your town stands.

Disturbing Picture of Santa Claus

Tags

, , , , ,

In his off time Santa works for the man. What a shame:

20protest-04-superJumbo

Spot Santa??? Carlos Slim’s Blog.

20protest-04-superJumbo - Edited

He’s getting too serious about the naughty stuff…

Seriously, it was almost nice to have a pointless clash of the leftists free speech rally that didn’t end with a homicide. Good on ya, Boston. My favorite big city.

And this hilarity gave me the needed post de jure. More pressing stuff in Spain, Russia, and D.C. but this is what you get.

You’re welcome and good night.

P

Knife Attack in Turku, Finland

Tags

, , , ,

Looks to be the same old new normal:

One person has been killed after a man armed with a knife stabbed several people in Finland before being shot by armed police.

At least one person was seen lying dead on the pavement in the southwestern city of Turku.

Eight people had been taken to hospital following the stabbings, including a woman who was pushing a pram. Some of the victims are in a critical condition.

Police shot a man in the leg before arresting him and are now on the hunt for more suspects.

Chief of police Seppo Kolehmainen said: ‘We can not exclude the events being linked to international terrorism.’

Of course it can be excluded! On that note, might I recommend an appropriate fake headline for CNN and Wolf Blitzer, in case they don’t already have something sufficiently zany:

Kurku: Ghost of Robert E. Lee Screams, “Heil Hitler! Heil Trump!,” During NRA-approved AR-15 Attack. Calls Mount for Trump’s Resignation, Impeachment…  

435B458C00000578-4802796-image-a-73_1503066530190

Reuters.

Related: Perrin’s First Law confirmed, In Re Barcelona: attacks known to Spanish Intel and CIA. Same here and now.

Donde está Colada: Barcelona Update

Tags

, , , , , , ,

Thirteen are dead and more than 100 wounded in the latest ISIS attack in Europe.

Further, deadly raids are underway in Cambrils:

Catalan police have just confirmed that – as well as the four suspects shot dead, and a fifth who was wounded and arrested – six bystanders and one police officer were injured during the operation in Cambrils.

Two are seriously injured. The officer was slightly hurt.

It’s not clear how they were injured.

All terrorists and suspects were previously known to authorities somewhere, because Perrin’s First Law.

18A_BARCELONA ATTACK SHORT

It really started at the borders. Daily Mail.

PS: Wolf Blitzer is an embarrassment even to fake news.

Truck Attack and Hostage Situation in Barcelona

Tags

, , ,

Who knew the Spanish had a statue of Robert E. Lee? It has to come down. Now!

No… This is, in all likelihood, ISIS or Independence Separatists. 13 are reported dead, many injured, and some held hostage.

Update 3: According to El Mundo the number of dead increased to 13. Additionally, as the Telegraph adds, Police stationed at the cordon a block away from Plaza Catalunya, on Passeig de Gracia, say they have no information what is happening inside. Confused tourists, shoppers and business owners gathered at its edges, awaiting some word or direction as to what to do.

The Catalan police say they are treating the crash as a suspected terrorist attack but cannot yet confirm the motive. According to media reports, the attack vehicle was a rented van. That would suggest, if this is confirmed as a terrorist attack, that terrorists are imitating the perpetrators of the London Bridge attack, where a rented van was also used.

Sky News reports that police are now looking for a second van that may have been involved in the attack.

* * *

Update 2: Daksha Dixit, a 28 year old tourist visiting from Mumbai with family, told the Telegraph they had been on a tourist bus which had just dropped them off one block from Plaza Cataluña when they heard the news. “We got off and people were panicking, no one knew what was going on. There was panic everywhere.” The family arrived just yesterday for a one week trip and their hotel is on the Ramblas inside the cordon. They were unclear as to what exactly was unfolding, with Miss Dixit adding: “I don’t know what to do”.

* * *

Update 1: According to Reuters, two armed men have holed up inside a Turkish restaurant after the crash and have taken hostages, while El Periodico tweets that there was an active shootout in the area, in what the Barclona police now say is considered a “terrorist attack.”

 DHcV4kHWsAQ0gN-

Lauren Rose/Twitter.

One truly tires of this garbage.