“Aloha Snackbar!” So said the “soldier of the Caliphate” as he detonated his homicide vest and was simultaneously shot down by soldiers of failing Christendom.
A suspected suicide bomber who allegedly shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ before triggering an explosive vest at Brussels Central Station has been gunned down and killed by soldiers.
Shots rang out soon after 9pm as police and soldiers moved in ‘to neutralise a suspect who was threatening civilians,’ in what is being considered a terrorist incident.
Initial reports suggested the suspect, described as being ‘tanned and well-built’, was wearing a rucksack packed with explosives – while witnesses later claimed he tried to blow up a trolley or a suitcase.
Terrified passengers inside the station ran towards the tracks as they tried to avoid the blast. There were no other casualties reported and police quickly said the situation was ‘under control’.
Tourists were among those who fled in panic, and within a few minutes the busy nearby shops and restaurants were shut down.
The Grand Place, the city’s most popular tourist spot, was completely evacuated alongside the station 650 metres away because of fears that the man might not be acting alone.
I’m going to leave the story at that. Now I want to make a few observations:
1. This comes on the heels of the truck ramming in Paris yesterday. I wasn’t going to even mention that one. There, did it.
2. I didn’t bother to investigate who the terrorist was. However, we know that he was already known to authorities. Why? Why do we know that? Come on, we always know. That’s because the terrorist invaders ARE ALWAYS KNOWN in advance. It’s completely possible he had already been arrested and released for previous terror issues.
3. “…fears that the man might not be acting alone.” He wasn’t.
4. It seems (early) that the Jihadist was the only casualty. I get the feeling his bomb malfunctioned. That makes me think the bomb making is proliferating. There is already a widespread network of ISIS munition experts in Europe. Their products usually go off with a big, concert-shattering bang. This guy was probably a DIY novice, branching out on his own. Not a good thing, except that no one else, here, was affected. Might not be so lucky next time (soon).
5. They said he appeared “tan and well built.” Muscular, healthy, tanned even – just like all pitiful, emaciated “refugees,” you know. Fleeing one war just to fight another one.
6. He was shot by soldiers before detonating himself. Shot by soldiers. The soldiers were already on scene to do the shooting because they are permanently stationed in the city just as they are in France and England. Two kinds of places have soldiers on the streets like that: banana republics and nations under siege. That your pick.
7. Finally, just take a look at the following picture: a city cop, two armed soldiers in full combat gear, and a beautiful native woman crouching in terror:
Rick Steves should update his Brussels guide. AFP/Getty/Daily Mail.
This photograph sums up instantly where we are, friends and neighbors of the West. How’s the view from your end?