Happy first day of fall!
From today until the end of December is my favorite time of year. I’ve heard more than a few of you agree from time to time. Here is a short list of things that makes the fall incredible:
- Cooler weather. Down South it’s nice not to sweat as much.
- Scenery. How great is it to take a drive or a hike and look at the colorful fall foliage?
- Football. In person, on TV or on the radio.
- Fall brews. Oktoberfests. Pumpkin this. Spice that. Christmas ales around the corner.
- Fall cigars. Beyond a few (Oktoberfest by Quesada) maybe there aren’t too many fall specific sticks. But, try combining No. 5 here with No. 4 and No. 8 one evening – you’re welcome.
- Hunting. I don’t get out as often as I used to or much as I should but I never regret waiting in a blind or walking in the woods. Fall can also be a great fishing season (stripers anyone?). The proceeds of this entry go well with No. 4.
- Sleeping with the windows open. See also: driving windows down. Give the AC a rest.
- Sitting by a fire. Outside. With a beer. In that cool weather. Ahhh…
- Holidays. Brings out the kid in all … most … of us.
- Raking leaves. Maybe not as much as the others…
I’m sure you can think of many more to add.