It’s a rainy night in the Morgul Vale and I’m feeling sort of sappy – had that nostalgic feeling all week. Anyway, here’s a YouTube 80s playlist for your perusal. No particular order or theme. Enjoy the Geico ads.
1.21 Gigawatts. guerillawire.
- Eddie Money, I Wanna Go Back. 1986. Perfect kickoff song; Can’t beat the money man.
- The Romantics, One In A Million. 1983. You know who she is.
- Genesis, Turn It On Again. 1980. I need a radio show.
- Randy Newman, It’s Money That Matters. 1988. Yeah, Knopfler on guitar.
- Ramones, Pet Sematary. 1989. Understand every third word.
- Wall of Voodoo, Mexican Radio. 1982. Barbecued iguana.
- Dead Kennedy’s, Holiday in Cambodia. 1978 (close enough). Pol Pot!
- Social Distortion, Ball and Chain. 1990 (ditto). Been there, done that.
- Smithereen’s, Behind the Wall of Sleep. 1986. Think I’ve seen her.
- Joan Jett, Bad Reputation. 1981. Need a girl on the list? Needs to be Joan Jett.
Bonus (70s): Steely Dan, Midnight Cruiser. 1972.
Double Bonus (neither 80s nor pop/rock): Marty Robbins, Running Gun. 1959.
Super Bonus: Dvorak, Symphony No. 9. 1893. Classical with a twerkin’ twist.
That’s it. No politicians were harmed in this post (Kennedy’s don’t count – already dead)…