Hey Dixie! Turns out the Great African Dust Cloud is a real thing. I call for mass car washing tomorrow at low noon.
Florida’s first hurricane in 11 years is due to make landfall on the Panhandle in an hour or two. Things to remember:
- The storm conditions recede in Tampa. My people there seemed to have dodged this one. All is reported well.
- My favorite beaches are being hammered right now. SGI, Appalch. and the rest of the Forgotten Coast are ground zero. Hopefully, if you’re there you’ve already taken precaution (meaning you’re not there now).
- Hermine will degrade slightly as she moves inland. Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Valdosta, Savannah, Charleston, Augusta, and Columbia could all see gusts up to 60 MPH between midnight and tomorrow afternoon. Coastal S.C. and N.C. will likely see significant storm activity into Saturday.
- In addition to wind, these locations may receive 5 – 10″ of rain.
- Tornadoes are likely.
- Flooding may happen.
- Power may go out.
- In a few days New York and Boston may contend with a strengthened system.
- These are all good reasons why a little prepping is important.
- If you are in one of these areas (many of you are), play it safe.
The Weather Channel.